Light & Power Solutions
This privacy notice explains what to expect from Light & Power Solutions when you make contact with us or use one of our services. This notice will explain how we collect, use and protect your personal data, and what rights you have with regards to your personal data and how you can exercise those rights.
Who We Are
We are Light & Power Solutions Ltd. We are also known for the purpose of this document as ‘the data controller’ and we determine what data is collected, how the data is used and how the data is protected. Our registered address is:
- Unit 11 Kingsmead, Park Farm Industrial Estate, Folkestone, KENT CT19 5EU
If you have questions about how we process your personal data, or you would like to exercise your data subject rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01303 487272.
Why we collect your personal data
The personal data we process is provided directly by you for one of the following reasons;
- You have contacted us to make a general enquiry regarding one of our products.
- You have pre-ordered a product from us and entered into a contractual agreement of sale.
- You have bought a product from us with a warranty.
- You subscribe to our e-newsletter.
- You have applied for a job or work experience placement with us.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data in the following ways;
- If you have contacted us with a general enquiry and we will use your contact details to reply and to supply you with advice about the products you have showed an interest in.
- If you have pre-ordered a product from us and we will use your contact details to continue the sale process including payment and (if requested) to install the product.
- If you have bought a product with a warranty, and we will retain your contact details for the length of the warranty.
- If you subscribe to our e-newsletter and we will use your contact details to communicate our latest news, general announcements, surveys, events and special offers (please note, that once you have opted into this service you can at any time opt out).
- If you have applied for a job or a work experience placement with us and we will use your contact details to liaise with you about the position.
Who we will disclose your personal data with
We will securely disclose your personal data in the following situations only;
- when our services are subcontracted i.e. an electrician who will install our product(s),
- to a law enforcement or regulatory agency, at their request or to protect our legal rights.
- If you have worked for us, your data will be shared with the HMRC.
Please note that we will NEVER provide, give away or sell your personal data to third parties.
How we will keep your personal data safe
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Please see our Information Security Policy for further information.
How long we will retain your personal data
The length of time we retain your personal data depends on the reason for processing and storing.
- If you have contacted us with a general enquiry, we will retain your contact details for the duration of the enquiry and up to 6months post enquiry. We will invite to you subscribe to our e-newsletter so that you can decide if you want to hear from us in the future.
- If you have pre-ordered a product from us, we will retain your contact details for the duration of the sale and up to 6months post sale.
- If you have bought a product with a warranty, we will retain your personal data for the length of the warranty on the product you purchased or up to 5yrs whichever is the longer.
- If you have chosen to subscribe to our e-newsletter, we will retain your data for the period of your subscription and for no longer.
- If you have applied for a job or been on a work experience placement with us, we will retain your data for a period of 3 months after which we will only retain your data, for the purpose of offering you a future position, with your explicit consent. If you are working or have worked for us, we will retain your data for the duration of your term of employment and up to 1year post your departure. After 1yr the following information will be retained for 7yrs; your contract, number of sick days and payroll.
Want to know how you can access, rectify or erase your data
As the ‘data subject’, you have rights about the personal data we hold. The rights available to you depend upon our reason for processing your personal data.
- Right to be informed: You have the right to informed what data we hold about you and how we process and store that data. This should be done in a transparent manner.
- Right of access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because the process forms part of our public tasks or is in our legitimate interests.
- Right to data portability: This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
- Rights regarding automated decision-making including profiling: You have the right to be informed if your data is subject to automotive individual decision-making and or the automated processing of data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have 30 days to respond to you. If you wish to make a request, email email@example.com or telephone 01303 487272.
How to make a complaint
If you have questions about how we process personal data, or you would like to exercise your data subject rights or make a complaint, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01303 487272.
What else you need to know
Our website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Light & Power Solutions. Please be aware that we, Light & Power Solutions are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information.
Changes to the Privacy Notice: Light & Power Solutions reserves the right to amend and update the Privacy Notice periodically and will notify those people who have given consent or are under contract of these changes.